We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
This was the second dish prepared for dinner with Chinese bamboo chicken, one of my favorite dishes.
- We need :
- chicken breast cut into longer strips,
- a bamboo box,
- half sliced red capsicum peppers,
- a tablespoon of oil,
- soy sauce,
- freshly grated ginger or powder,
- mixture of 5 flavors,
- I also put a teaspoon of Chinese spice mixture that has some paprika and licorice in it,
- a teaspoon of oyster sauce at the end,
- hot pepper paste and food starch (I put cornmeal from knorr that dissolves directly in the sauce)
Preparation time: less than 30 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Bamboo chicken:
Prepare the chicken breast, wipe it and slice it, brown it a little over medium heat with spices and oil.
After bleaching on all sides, add the bamboo, a cup of water and the spices and soy sauce. Let it simmer for 15 minutes, then add the red pepper.
Let it cook for another 5 minutes (complete with water if necessary) to make the pepper but still remain crispy and at the end add the hot pepper paste, the oyster sauce, add more spices if necessary and thicken with the starch. Serve on a separate platter with rice or pasta. I served it with rice and garnished it a little with black sesame.